Thursday, May 13, 2010

Special Delivery

She's here! Adelle Sophia Frederick was born May 11 at 6 pm weighing in at 8 lb 11 oz and 21 inches long. She has pink chubby cheeks and her daddy's feet - check out those long fingers and toes! She's a great little eater and has a very pleasant disposition so far.
Labor and delivery went pretty smooth. I didn't really ever have regular contraction so we finally started pitosin at 2:30 pm and she arrived at 6 pm. My wonderful husband was in the room, but doesn't enjoy participating too much, so my sister, Angela held a leg and cut the cord. She took the day off work to help with the big kids in the morning and me in the afternoon. She's the hero of the day.
My doctor was absolutely fabulous. She's the main reason I have come to love natural deliveries. She still runs marathons and is the mother of six. I still feel like my insides might fall out if I do more than walk at this point. I'm excited to get back at it in a few weeks though and glad to see that after 6 children, she can keep up the exercise into her 60's.
Daddy is smitten and has been the biggest help to me. In the last week he has kept up the laundry and dishes, and vacuumed the whole house (even under the couches!). Once he saw the dust accumulation in the vacuum filter he decided to wash the curtains. He's been busy with work too - so, yeah, he's pretty awesome. :)
This is the perfect picture of how I feel. So happy and so tired! Realistically, we're only a week into this lovely new world of four children. I'm just living moment by moment and trying to soak it all in for the last time.

The kids have been great. They love their baby sister and they've adjusted so well to my new schedule that has to revolve around feeding the baby. Pierce is a little worried about Adelle's "pineapple bellybutton." He can't wait for it to fall off.

So, I am now a mother of four. That's so crazy to me. I'm 29, but feel like I should still be 23ish. I have four children under 5 - how does one manage that? Seriously, nursing and wiping bottoms and changing diapers and feeding my family and keeping my house clean ... I know she's only one week old and we'll eventually get into our routine, but, wow.

I need to figure out how to change my blog name or maybe I need to get a whole new one. I don't know. I do know there are SIX of us now! :)


4 comments:

A. said...

love the pictures, she is so pretty, and you look amazing too. hope the week goes well and is not too overwhelming!

Bailey said...

yay! she is beautiful! and so are you. I know you can do it. You're amazing. Praying for you and your whole family as you adjust to your new life. love you! :-)

Julia's family said...

Congratulations, again! So happy for you. . . and sympathetic of your exhaustion! Praying for you. And wondering where you found such a doctor?!? If I'm ever pregnant again, I'd like to sign on with her!
Love,
Julia

Shannon Wheeler said...

Maybe you should have just one more baby frederick and then you won't have to change your blog name. Either way, just change the caption of your blog and don't change the URL. Anyway, she is so pretty and you look amazing. And I love Dave's goatee. Can't wait to see you... sad it's not til July 1st.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.