Friday, May 7, 2010

Overdue


"Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in your book they were all written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them." Psalm 139:16

After 37 weeks, I started thinking, okay any day now. Four weeks later I'm thinking the same thing! It's hard to be patient and so uncomfortable. But it does help knowing that she can't stay in there forever and the days "fashioned" for this precious little girl are already written by my Heavenly Father! Pretty incredible.

Pardon my self-portrait photography skills. I set the timer and jumped up on a stool and still couldn't get the right angle for the whole belly. Ah well. 41 weeks - you get the idea :).

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Don't you love that shirt? I think it's pretty amazing that you're past the due date and still so lovely.

A. said...

what skinny arms... you look great :)

Tyson and Lisa said...

you really are lovely...you look amazing for being past your due date! (especially with chasing 3 kids around all day.) Your good attitude is one that we should all strive for in these last weeks of our pregnancies! thanks for being a great example!

Katie said...

Lovely Alyson. You look fantastic. I love this post.

6 Happy Hearts said...

Beautiful momma!

Julia's family said...

You're right - She WILL be here soon! =) And you're beautiful as always! God's blessings on your labor and little one(s)!

Fred Love said...

I've never had skinny arms, ever! Next to my belly, we're looking pretty good though :) I just wish someone could have posted video of me jumping up and down off that stool to get a good shot!

Angela said...

Haha I'd like to see you jumping on and off of that stool. You're funny. :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.