Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dancing our heads and trusting Jesus

For a bridesmaid gift, Shannon made us CD's of her favorite female artists.  I was playing it in the van the other day and a song with a dance beat came on.  Hudson and Pierce started be-bopping in the back seat.  Hudson hollered, "We're buckled in so we can't dance really good, but we can dance our heads like this [demonstration - turns his head sided to side three times then up and down three times] ... and this is how we dance our fingers [demonstration - arms flailing wildly with head bob]."  I'll have to get some video of them "dancing their heads."  It's a little crazy :)

Hudson greeted me after nap time today with a sweaty hug and kiss.  "Mom, I just love you 700%! ... no, I mean 800%."  ?!  Pierce followed him out, sweaty and soaked diaper and crazy hair, "Mom, is Wayna asweep?"  Yes, Wayna's asweep.  "No, mom, you don't say Wayna and asweep.  You say, Wayna is asweep."  Alayna is asleep?  "Yeah."  I love how he talks.

Did I mention my dryer is broken.  David took the back off of it and looked at it and even sucked some lint out of the crevices.  He's learned to be pretty handy around our rickety house, but the dryer has outsmarted us.  Anyway, I'm learning a new habit.  I just say, "I trust you, Jesus" in response to whatever happens to me.  I read this in my FAVORITE devotional book.  It's a simple practice, but it has really helped me to start seeing Jesus in every situation and acknowledging His sovereign control over the universe ... even my dryer.

"When you view events from this perspective--through the Light of My universal Presence--fear loses it's grip on you.  Adverse circumstances become growth opportunities when you affirm your trust in Me no matter what.  You receive blessings gratefully, realizing they flow directly from My hand of grace.  Your continual assertion of trusting Me will strengthen our relationship and keep you close to Me." --Sarah Young (Is 40:10-11)

It's amazing to me that Almighty God's hand of grace is open to me.  Did I mention my 4-year-old loves me 800% - that's a pretty big blessing too.


1 comment:

Steph said...

800% ....love it. I also love your faith walk with God Almighty. Love you friend.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.