Sunday, April 19, 2009

A post for Shannon

I haven't taken any new picture the last few days, but I do have a couple of stories that I've already told everyone who reads this blog, except for Shannon.  So ...

The boys and I were talking about who's birthday is next and what kind of cake everyone should have.  Butterflies, robots, aliens, spaceships and planet heroes were all mentioned.  So they asked me what kind of cake I was going to have.  I said, "Well, what kind of things do you think I like?"  Hudson thought a moment, then answered, "Well, probably laundry and coffee."  So, I guess I'm going to get a pile-o-laundry cake ;)

I was holding Hudson after his nap the other day.  I never hold him anymore because he's huge.  So I said, "Oh Hudson, can't you just stay four forever?"  For the little boy who is constantly wanting to know when his birthday is, and can't wait until he's 8 (don't know why that's the magic number), this was a ridiculous question.  I continued my sappy mommy questions, "Are going to grow up and move away?"  He smiled, "Yes mom, but I'll invite you to my house."  Sniff, sniff.

1 comment:

Shannon Wheeler said...

oh my. that is precious. and sad. my eyes are watering.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.