Thursday, April 30, 2009

Potty Training Pierce - take 3

This is how my day began ...


... and this is what I did all day.  No accidents - hooray!

We've tried this before but the first time I was pregnant with Alayna, the 2nd time Alayna was too little and time consuming.  This time I have to keep pulling her off the toilet and the bathtub, but she and I are a little bit more flexible with our schedules.  Third time's a charm :)  Pierce informed me that he was all done wearing diapers and would like to only wear underwear.  Well, okay then.  We put underwear on this morning and we've had a great day.  Mommy is exhausted, but that's okay.  Pierce does a really good job holding it.  He has a hard time letting it go.  Any experienced mommies out there are more than welcome to offer me some tips.  We set the timer and when the timer goes off we go sit on the potty.  I usually have to pour on some warm water to help him relax and go.  This morning he seriously held it for three hours!  The afternoon was much better.  Anyways, guess what I'll be doing this weekend?!

8 comments:

Margo said...

Yippee!! How exciting! Maybe you have motivated me...just maybe!

Katie said...

Way to go! Stick with it, Mama! I have no wisdom on this issue, but it sounds like you're doing great!!

The Frugal Muse said...

Way to go, Pierce! Congrats, Alyson! You get a gold star, too. :-) So glad you guys are seeing such success!!

Steph said...

whew. my heart goes out to you girl. i am so glad i only have one more to go!! sam was my hardest. i will be thinking of you sweet friend.

Amanda said...

Good job Al!
Good work out last night. My bum hurts from all the squat jumps. It's good for me. :)

6 Happy Hearts said...

Ok that picture must be framed! How A-dorable is that expression on the potty?!?
Oh & I'm sending Jilli your way very soon : )

Shannon Wheeler said...

I just want to pick Pierce up and hug him. My eyes watered. So precious. Reminds me of a goofy little chubby Alyson in her crayola belt with a big cheesy smile.

Fred Love said...

I know - we look so much alike in these pictures. it's those wonderful fat Ramey cheeks that you know and love unless they're on your own face!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.