Thursday, November 13, 2008

Forget not All HIS Benefits

 Well, I went to bed way too late last night.  Alayna was up from 1-2am (I still don't know what her deal was, unless she didn't like my pizza).  Then everyone woke up at 6:45.  But it's Thursday which means PLAY GROUP!!!  So instead of slugging through my day hanging on by my fingernails until nap time, we went to Miss Lisette's house and drank strong coffee with homemade cinnamon rolls.  My kids got to play and wear themselves out before nap time and I got some SWEET fellowship with my girlfriends.  I am so blessed to have other moms who are my close friends.  We're all in the same stage of life and we can be real about it.  We each identify with the other's frustrations and challenges and every one of them is able to encourage me and lift me up.  I love Thursdays!  Thank you girls!!

8 comments:

Steph said...

You are such a blessing. It was great to connect with you today. I am so thankful to be get to fellowship with you on a weekly basis!! You are so amazing. You always have a smile on your face!! I pray that you get much rest tonight. I will pray for your schedule. Pray for mine too. Mine are way to old to be waking up and getting off routine!!

Anonymous said...

that sounds like a sweet day. I'm glad for you.. and I really hope that when I have kids, coffee picks me up like it does you and Amanda... right now, two cups can't even keep me awake for a class.

but I really do love watching you both with your kids. It makes me look forward so much more than I already do to being a mom. a coffee drinking mother.

Amanda said...

I'm so glad your day was able to turn out well in spite of the lack of sleep. Homemade cinnamon rolls and strong coffee could lighten any day, but the friends who understand your struggles are priceless.

Amanda said...

Sorry to rain on the coffee parade earlier. I don't know why I do that. I know I would probably die without it.

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I'm glad you have thursday play group time. :)

MelissaC said...

Oh, those baby days can be so exhausting! I'm glad you had a good day even though you were so sleepy!

6 Happy Hearts said...

Love your title, ALL His Benefits, you are blessed dear friend : )
Us mommies have to stick together & encourage one another!

Amanda said...

Stop saying that! I'm afriad the more people say pregnant and Amanda in the same sentence, it's just gonna happen. No, I'm not nauseous anymore. My health is back. I need more time.
I'm sorry you're not coming this weekend. I'll take notes and pictures for you.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.