Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Monday :(


































Poor Hud woke up with a fever Sunday afternoon.  We took him to see Laurel Molini at Redi Clinic (she's the best by the way), and she diagnosed him with strep.  She saw 5 cases of strep on Sunday so it's going around.  You can have it in you and be contagious for 14 days without actually being sick.  We started antibiotics last night.  The fever broke and he looks normal today- poor guy.  Pierce & Alayna are still looking good but I'm pre-treating them so we don't pass it around in the next 2 weeks!  My Monday could have been terrible, but my husband brought me a peppermint mocha, my mom brought me Baha Jacks awesome quesadillas, I got a sub for water aerobics and mom watched P & A while I took Hud to see Laurel, and David stayed home instead of going to his Monday night meeting.  Turned out to be a pretty okay day.  Just a little funny thing:  the nurse asked Hudson what he wanted to be when he grew up and he said, "Well, I think I just want to play with my kids."!

10 comments:

Kristal {Love, Grace & Hope} said...

Poor little guy!! Glad to hear the fever broke! Even though he must not have been feeling well in Sunday school, we sure enjoyed him!

Amanda said...

Play with his kids. That's sweet.
14 days of hybernating strep is scary.
Your boys look so big in those pictures. I think I haven't seen them in a few weeks or something.
Glad the day turned out not too bad after all.

Steph said...

thanks for the update on the little man. so glad that you are doing okay. please call if you need anything. will be sending prayers up for your family. much love.

Anonymous said...

man... first baja jacks quesadillas are amazing, especially with the yellow looking salsa and sour cream.

and second, what hudson said about playing with his kids made my eyes water. i feel so bad for him. and i want to squeeze him

Margo said...

I'm sure glad he's feeling better!!

The Frugal Muse said...

Sorry you're dealing with sick kiddos. I so feel you. But Alayna sure looks sweet in that little hat! :-)

Bailey said...

he is adorable. and pitiful. bless his heart.

and playing with his kids? omg. so sweet.

and baja jacks? Nik raves about that place. I'll have to try it when I come home for Christmas.

6 Happy Hearts said...

Those babies are soo precious!!
Poor lil' Hud! I agree on Redi Clinic! If I can't get into Dr. Henley she's the next best thing!
I'm wondering if we don't ALL need to go in & get treated. The girls & I are sick AGAIN??!! The germs just keep passing around : (
I hope Hud is feeling great very soon & everyone stays healthy!

Katie said...

Aw, poor little guy! What a sad little face! I'm glad he's feeling better! And girl, I hear you with the peppermint mocha. Oh man. Dave is a good man to bring you one!! :)

Anonymous said...

oh no. reading the books makes it so special, and i appreciate the movies so much more. and i see the gospel in the stories. i hope you like what i got your kids. i hope they get addicted to it like i am. almost 21, and still living in narnia land. (I didn't get them the movies... you will see)...

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.