Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanks Giving Weekend

Alayna's first ear infection happened this weekend, thus the hat.  "How 'bout we call her sweet little cutie with a hattie hat?"  Hudson's suggestion - brilliant.

 David and I were married February 28, 2004.  We had Hudson December 5, 2004.  Our first Christmas we had nothing as far as decorations go, and I was barely mobile because Hudson was a ROUGH delivery.  David picked up a few decorations and a Christmas tree from Good Will.  Well, this year the boys and I decided to get a few new things.  Same tree with blue lights and blue ornaments (obviously the boys are big fans of blue.  Alayna will be too, right?)

Joe and Vicki Ramey, mom & dad, aka, Mimi & Papa.  We had a huge family Thanks Giving on Thursday, but I forgot my camera.  Aunts, uncles, cousins... about 24 in all.  Friday, we had dinner at mom and dad's.  Awesome turkey, bacon melt subs with guacamole, homemade tomato soup, chocolate fudge cakes with ice cream.  It was a feast.


The siblings - Zach 24, Ange almost 27, Shannon almost 21, me 28, Amanda almost 27.  For those of you raising young children (like me) we used to fight, and now we really are best friends.  It was a happy weekend.

5 comments:

Kristi Bowers said...

you are all soooo cute!!!

Amanda said...

I love blue ornaments.
As far as getting antibiotics into the baby, all I know to do is to put the squirter back on a cheek when you squirt (not on her tongue). It's harder for them to spit it out, so they end up swallowing some/most of it.

Andrea said...

I sometimes forget that it is normal for siblings to fight. My kids are really close, but fight often. Mike & I fought, and we are close & great friends now. Thanks for the encouraging reminder!

Your pics are sweet, the tree is pretty & Natalie likes blue :]

Steph said...

love the pic with your siblings!! precious! so sorry about baby girl. sam is on the mend from a cough and fever! we just buy the cookies!!! i wish i could decorate like that!!

6 Happy Hearts said...

hope the ear infection was not too painful for baby girl : (
thanks for the comment on the siblings! i am believing my babies will be a blessing for one another!!
ya'll are a very cute group!!!
now i'm craving a sub w/guac, bacon, ect...aaahhh?!?

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.