Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Give Thanks in All Things

"Thank Me for the conditions that are requiring you to be still ... I am with you ... I am holding you by your right hand.  I guide you with My counsel." --Jesus Calling

We're coming out of a week-long ravaging stomach bug.  The boys are better.  Alayna's almost done.  I got seven straight hours of sleep last night, so I'm flying high.  We're actually going to go to grocery store today.  My family should be the #1 reason you wipe off your grocery cart with a disinfecting wipe and wash you hands when you get home from the store.  I'm just saying :)

So confinement is not such a bad thing.  I really tried to keep a positive attitude through exhaustion and illness.  Give thanks in all things for this is the will of God.  That's a good thing to remember.  It helps calm the frustration when I'm cleaning up the 4th mess in 20 minutes and it's only 8 o'clock in the morning and there's no end in sight.  But, let's be real here.  I just want everybody to be well.  I want to go to my weekly activities and I want my kids to feel good and be good and eat good and sleep good.  I want to get enough sleep to be a nice person and keep my house clean.  I, I, I ... are we noticing a theme here?  Seriously, I was headed down that why-me path when the Lord drew me out to count my blessings again after reading a few blog links and news stories that hit too close to home.  I don't want to handle a "real" trial, but it made me wonder how I would do.  Just something to think about.

Anyhow,  I'm counting my blessings today as I venture to the grocery store and get my house back in order and prepare easy-to-digest meals for my recovering kiddos.  Those are all blessings.  And through it all we have a loving Savior who calls to us through the vomit, exhaustion, and tears, "I am with you.  I am holding you by your right hand.  I guide you with My counsel."

7 comments:

luv_bn_gma said...

Beautiful Alyson! I too have been sick,saddened by recent events AND counting my blessings. God is so good to meet us where we are even if it's hanging over the toilet or cleaning up a "mess" , ah yes, I remember those days well with little tykes. These are small reminders that when the big things do hit we will KNOW that there is a better day awaiting us and One who will walk us through it no matter what. :)

Shannon Wheeler said...

I was about to comment... and then someone came to relieve me of my archive duty... and i took advantage of that relief. but i'm home now. it is good to be home. sad that alayna is still sick... but i'm sure it's not at disgusting at 2 or 4 year old runs.

Steph said...

you are such a trooper and you bless many with your words and your life. so glad you got some rest last night. hope you guys are much better.

joe said...

I love your comment on shannon's blog about Micha's scriptural advise. I just said, wow!

joe said...

Oh, Oh, Oh, I just remembered, I was going to post a picture of you after you busted your head and had swolen face ... and I was going to say, "remember when Dave knocked Alyson around?" Then I thought that might not be such a good idea and so I did not post that after all. Also, the word verification word I have to type to post this comment is "stings" ... how ironic is that?

Shannon Wheeler said...

well, celery burns more calories going out than it does coming in.... but probably not dipped in ranch. that's my reasoning though. thanks. i will obey you. and you are skinny.

Amanda said...

How's everyone's health? Good job being thankful in all things. It is my greatest weakness. You can keep preaching it. :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.