Thursday, February 12, 2009

How do you spell diarrhea? 2 "r"s. I got it.


The kids are in bed.  I should take a nap too.  We got very little sleep last night.  

9:30 ... Pierce comes into the living room, "My tummy hurts."  Pierce is the boy who cried wolf.  He says his tummy hurts when he doesn't want to do something I've told him to do.  So I respond, "Okay buddy, go back to bed and it'll feel better."  Pierce cries, "But my tummy hurts and I need to hold you."  He's cute, so I gave in.  I didn't believe him until about 10 minutes later.  BARF - oh, you're tummy really does hurt.  So, mommy made a bed on the couch and pulled Pierce's mattress into the living room with me.  I have to be able to hear Alayna and catch the vomit.  

Good night, David.  Sleep tight :)  The boys only love mom when they're sick.  Yeah.

10:00 ... more Pierce vomit.  So sad.  Change Pierce.  Switch out towels. Do some laundry.  Pierce falls back to sleep.

10:15 ... Hudson yells, "Mom, come wipe my bottom!"  I knew the bug had hit him too, and this was no shady Lean Cuisine.  I won't even tell you what Hudson said about that episode.  He can be very descriptive.

11:00 ... Hudson again, "I think I'm going to throw up."  Okay, go to the bathroom!  Poor Hudson leans over the toilet, open mouth, just waiting.  "I don't think it's coming."  I said, "Okay, just give it a minute."  

11:01 ... "Oh no, I just accidentally pooped in my underwear ... BARF."  Oh, yes, both ends at the same time.  When it was all cleaned up Hudson said, "Are you proud of me for being so brave?  I didn't even cry!  But I'm really sorry."  So pitiful.  

This went on for a couple of hours. ( I almost didn't get coffee at church last night.  I'm so glad I did.)  This morning I pulled the laundry out and dumped it on the couch.  Pierce said, "Is that my pillow?  Did I not spit on it?"  Hmmm, "spit" is the understatement of the day! 

6 comments:

Steph said...

girl. i am so sorry!!! yikes! i sure hope you don't catch it. i will be praying for protection for your little family. at least you can have a sense of humor about it now. you deserve a really BIG Valentine!! ha!! i love ya!

Margo said...

NO WAY!! I am so sorry! Hang in there!

Andrea said...

oh girl, i have totally been there. and i'm so sorry. i remember feeling like it was never going to end because it passed from one to the next so quickly. it does get better as they get older... you are in my thoughts.

Shannon Wheeler said...

While I do feel sad that you all went through that, I enjoyed the post. Tyler and I laughed really hard...

Bailey said...

oh my.... bless your heart. I love when hud asks if you're proud of him. haha...

Katie said...

Shady Lean Cuisine! Oh yeah!!! :) I'm thinking that must have been something else ... I know five people who have had this in the past two days. Gah. Good thing you had that coffee!! Your kiddos are too cute. Are they better now??

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.