Friday, February 27, 2009

I Am Leading You Step By Step

Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young
Deuteronomy 29:29, Psalm 32:8
Excerpt for February 26

I am leading you, step by step, through your life.  Hold My hand in trusting dependence, letting Me guide you through this day.  your future looks uncertain and feels flimsy--even precarious.  that is how it should be.  Secret things belong to the Lord, and future things are secret things.  When you try to figure out the future, you are grasping at things that are Mine.  This, like all forms of worry, is an act of rebellion: doubting My promises to care for you.

Whenever you find yourself worrying about the future, repent and return to Me.  I will show you the next step forward, and the one after that, and the one after that.  Relax and enjoy the journey in My Presence, trusting Me to open up the way before you as you go.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
It is so reassuring to be able to fully trust Almighty God with a precarious future - for who knows what tomorrow will bring?

5 comments:

Katie said...

I loved when you read this yesterday. I think all of us sat there, soaking it in, agreeing that we all needed to hear it!!

Andrea said...

i bought jesus calling before christmas... because i loved when you posted about it. i read it every day in the car before my kids get out for school. we love it.

Casey said...

I needed to hear/read that today. Thanks, Friend.

Bailey said...

so convicting. I reeeeeallly needed that. I've been worrying about so much lately. Thanks.

Shannon Wheeler said...

google Keirsey Temperament Sorter and it should come up. I've got several more web sites and assessments. Also google Meyers-Briggs and find out what you are. I'm ISFP. Tyler's INTJ. Our whole friend circle knows who they are and we spout off meyers-briggs stuff. it's kind of weird.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.