Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mooching

Well, it's Saturday. The stomach bug has finally passed and colds have set in for all. Wonderful. So, I was a little mopey. We've cancelled date nights two weekends in a row, one of them being Valentine weekend. Our anniversary is next weekend so I'm holding on to the hope of health.

Anyhow, we're sick and tired. My parents, who live right down the street (in a bigger, nicer house), are visiting my sister (who just got married and moved away) for her birthday. So, we decided to go on "vacation" to Mimi & Papa's house for the day. David's picking up soup from Panera for our sick throats and we rented that movie about bees with Dakota Fanning to watch on their big TV. I'm so excited - it's kind of like a date :) Thanks Mom & Dad!

Makes me not miss my little sister so much too. Happy 21 Shan - we love you.

5 comments:

Steph said...

so sorry for your crazy sickness. we have missed church the last 2 weeks b/c of coughs. i am glad you got to go to your mom's house. it's nice to get out of the house. missing you. praying health for you guys and us too. much love

Shannon Wheeler said...

aw, thanks. that made my eyes water. I miss you guys so much.

I hope you enjoyed your date. I will come see you soon

joe said...

you can mooch all you want. Oh, and David's friend needs to send us some more cool movies. The house is y'all's till Saturday. It took me years after we moved to Oklahoma to be able to say y'all. now i even type it. crazy.

6 Happy Hearts said...

Oh girlfriend I feel your pain?!
I'm not sure I'll make it to Bible Study tomorrow as Jilli has been sick all weekend?! She has been fever free today so we'll see.
I'm keeping ya'll in my prayers : )

Shannon Wheeler said...

thanks for letting me know... I had no idea. well, my new fiber pills are super yummy. I wish i could eat more than 2 per day.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.