Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Closet Space

I just read a post on organizing your wardrobe. Tips like: only keep clothes that currently fit, and store kids' clothes clearly labeled in boxes.

I'm in a situation that I currently can't stand! But what's to be done? I'm 6 months pregnant so my maternity clothes, including the ones I'll eventually (and sadly) grow into, are crammed into my husband's closet. My after pregnancy clothes are stored in a box in the garage along with the baby girl clothes. My REAL clothes are in the coat closet because I had to move them out of the big sister's closet to make room for the little sister. At some point we will either stop having babies or get another closet!

At least we have clothes, right?!

It's 10 pm and David just went out to get me some ice cream. I didn't say, "Honey, I really need you to go get me some ice cream." This is how great my husband is. All I said was, "Man, ice cream really sounds good." And, he's sharing his closet with me. :)


3 comments:

VLR said...

I am so thankful you have clothes, a big AND little brother, a big sister, and an up and coming little sister!

Yes, finding a place for everything can be a frustration. BUT there is just nothing like having these little people in our lives. I can't imagine life without any of them. Or you!

Wendy said...

Yes, so thankful that you have clothes to make it through each stage!! Maybe you could sort those (sounds like they're already divided) into clear tubs and put them in the top of your closet. Not that that's what I did when I was pregnant. ;-)
Are you nesting yet?? That might be a good nesting-day-activity for you! :-D
And, if it makes you feel any better, there are six of us here and only three closets for all of the clothes!! Gah. I've resorted to using those under-the-bed pull-out drawers. Works for us. :-)

Wendy said...

Oh, and you have a good husband!! Sounds like you know it... which is probably why he does such sweet things for you. Love and be loved. :-)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.