Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Date Night

The dinner slot on my meal plan for today says, "date"!!! We try to plan these pretty regularly, but things get busy and kids get sick and babysitters are generally teenagers with other things going. Today David is taking me to my doctor's appointment and then out for some time together before the ice and snow hit tomorrow while my mom watches the kiddos. (Last week it was in the 60's and I cleaned out the flower beds only to discover my daffodils blooming! This week = snow and ice, of course!).

Our dates generally involve whatever is relaxing to me. David is out and about all the time and gets to eat out on a pretty regular basis. I get my fill of PB&J and leftovers from dinner, so eating out is special to me, plus I don't have to cook or clean up. I could give or take movie theaters. As a large, pregnant woman, my own home is much more comfortable for movie watching (and pausing so I can go visit the lady's room when Ellie Peaches gets to dancing!).

We try to be pretty efficient with coupons and discounts and splitting meals, but on the other hand, it's our special time out and it's easy to lean toward indulging. At least today, they'll weigh and measure me before I indulge :) Any favorite spots or activities for your dates? Leave me a comment with your fabulous ideas and suggestions!

A picture update:
Beautiful blue eyes squinting at the flash.

The boys are way into playing "chase" with daddy. For some reason it's more exciting when your shirts are pulled over your heads?! I just love the little bellies poking out underneath.

Me and my girls!

2 comments:

Katie said...

So cute!! Your kids are so adorable. Sigh.

Hmmm ... date night destinations ... if you want to splurge, I say Cheesecake Factory or P.F. Chang's. Those are our two favorite "splurge" dates! We also like Arris pizza here in town, for less of a splurge. But, I'm with you--I'll go anywhere, as long as I don't have to cook or clean up afterwards!!

Have fun!

Shannon Wheeler said...

you look so beautiful. so do your kids.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.