Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Little Princess and her Journey to Princess Panties

Well, potty-training is not my favorite part of parenting, but when it's done it's so sweet. Notice how tired mommy is in the picture below ... part of that tiredness could have been that I was rearranging furniture and vacuuming every little nook and cranny, but that's another story.
We still keep the little potty chair handy when we're outside. Boys can just water the trees, but little girls have to run inside every 15 minutes and that's no fun. So we put it on the back porch and that works nicely. :) It's also nice to have three acres and no neighbors to bother.
She fell asleep on daddy after the traumatic discovery that she had to SIT on the potty. Never thought that would be the hard part for her!
The BIG potty chair is way better. I sit on the bathtub ledge and hold her hand. After doing this 100 times a day it's good to remind myself that someday she really will go all by herself ... and so will I! Quality time, right?!
She LOVES her brothers ...
and she REALLY loves her Mimi ...

and lately, she loves her daddy a WHOLE LOT. He'll pick her up and she'll pet his face and say, "My daddy." (Yes, she's still in the "mine" phase. It's sweet when it's daddy though, and he's loving it.)

Mimi and Papa played with the kids yesterday and David and I spent a day on the town. A little shopping, a Ruby Tuesday's salad bar, and a movie. Friday matinees draw an interesting local crowd. Somehow, David and I always get the blue hairs behind us with hearing aids cranked up high and they still talk loud to each other through the movie. Bonus entertainment, right?!

A couple of weeks ago I bought an urn with my gift certificate at Pottery Barn (the $$ leftover after the shower curtain purchase). So, yesterday I filled it with flowers from "Hobbly Lobbly" (50% off sale!!! I was SO excited). I'll have to take a picture of the finished product. I'm pretty proud of myself.

And, today is Saturday so we're planning on finishing up the flower beds and other jobs that require some serious outside time. Loving this spring weather!



1 comment:

6 Happy Hearts said...

Sweet pics of the family : )

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.