Saturday, April 24, 2010

Random Conglomeration of Life One Week Before Baby #4

Pains shooting down my legs immobilize me in public. "I'm okay, it happens all the time." But nothing I say alleviates the concerned, "your-crazy" stares.

One child has to go potty during our Chick-fil-a lunch, so do I take all three? Do I leave the boys at the table by themselves? At our CFA, yes, because our favorite "waitress" will keep an eye on them. :) I love my smallish town, and it pays to be a frequent visitor at CFA (caution - your waistline may also pay).

Alayna has two little plastic people she has named Jack and Jill. She calls them her jumping jacks. :)

Allergies are running high and I'm surviving on Benadryl and daily dose of caffeine.

The boys spent part of the morning in the dark bathroom with flashlights telling stories to each other (while I laid on the couch reading to Alayna who was sitting on her little potty chair trying to go #2).

I feel like I'm constantly cleaning, picking up, cooking, cleaning up, etc because what if my water breaks in 5 minutes and the house is messy?! Seriously (my water has never broken on it's own, and I've never gone into labor by myself, but it could happen).

I'm reading the Mission of Motherhood right now and loving it. Nothing like an awesome parenting book to motivate me in the midst of exhaustion and those shooting pains. Because they will only be little and squishy for so long. I was at the grocery store Saturday with Alayna. At the checkout line she chatted with the couple behind us while I loaded the groceries on the conveyer belt. With tears in their eyes they said to me, "Our baby girl is going to prom tonight." I can't hardly get my mind past this stage, but I know it's coming. Maybe I just don't WANT to think about it.

I'm teaching my last water aerobics class tonight, and so relieved.

I held my breath all weekend while my doctor was out of town running a marathon. I'm ready to go any time now. I have my next appointment Thursday afternoon. I'm hoping she'll send me on over to the hospital and break my water ... if I don't go before then. You never know :).


4 comments:

Amanda said...

Can't wait for Thursday. Surely it'll be time by then!

Shannon Wheeler said...

Oh my. My eyes watered about the couple in the grocery line. I'm so excited, and so sad I won't be there. I bet Alayna will be so happy to have a real live baby to play with.

6 Happy Hearts said...

I love you & your crew! Baby 4 will bless your socks off. Can't wait to meet her. Call, text, email or just holler & I'll help with babies anytime. I'm just down the street now, Yay!!!

Katie said...

Come today, Adelle!! It's a great day!! :)

I hope she comes soon. You look amazing.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.