Thursday, April 1, 2010

Potty-Training #3

"Clean and dry! Clean and dry!" - our new favorite song since Alayna's in princess panties. Day one of potty training was absolutely exhausting for both of us. She wanted to stand up like her brothers and sitting was traumatic for some reason. Once she figured out that sitting wasn't so bad, she did great. No accidents on day two and this is the morning of day three. She woke up dry ... at 6 am. As hard as day one was, she's been the easiest to train so far. She still gets a little panicky with public potty chairs. I may need to carry around the small-bottom potty chair lid for the Y and church and other people's houses. :)

I really hadn't planned on potty-training until after the baby came. Don't know why I thought that would be easier!? But Alayna's been asking to go potty for a while now, so I thought we'd give it a shot. In case anyone is interested, I use Potty Training 123 by the Ezzo's for all three kids and they've all three potty-trained within 1 to 3 days. There's nothing magical about it except that the kids are ready and the mommy is ready for the ride. The first day is intense as far as staying on top of it and dealing patiently with accidents. The second and third days are progressively easier and less messy. So, I have a bunch of size 4 diapers at my house if anybody needs that size. :)

Hudson has finished his 15 day challenge so we're headed to Old McDonald's today. Our town has a newly built MD, but the boys like the old playground better. Hudson drew a sign for Pierce with both of them jumping up and down that said, "Let's go to McDonalds!" He's pretty pumped. And AUNT SHANNON IS IN TOWN!!! We're SO excited to spend Easter weekend with my little sister.

Went to the doctor Monday. All is well with Adelle. She measures right at 35 weeks even if mommy feels about to pop. She's head down and ready to go ... in a month. I told my doctor about all the aerobic classes I'm still doing thinking maybe she would say I should take it easy or something. No. She was so pleased with me. So I'll be going to Zumba this morning. I have a tiny little umbilical hernia (looks like an outie, which I never have with babies). Supposedly I should limit my lifting. I quit lifting weights a while back, except for laundry baskets and children. I guess the giant baby will have to get used to being the big sister sooner rather than later. It's always a little bit sad.

I'll close this post with the official name agreed upon by BOTH PARENTS. I thought we'd never get to this point. Naming kids is hard! Among the ranks of Hudson Alexander, Pierce Maxwell, and Alayna Serene, we will add Adelle Sofia Frederick.

4 comments:

mb said...

Love You. Love the boys. Love the Giant Baby. LOVE the name Adelle Sophia!

Tyson and Lisa said...

thanks for writing about the book you use for potty training...we'll have to check it out! and the name for #4 is so sweet...love it! I can't believe she'll be here in a month!

Julia's family said...

Adelle Sofia's name is beautiful. =) Congratulations on great progress with potty-training! That book was helpful for Abigail and me too. . . guess it'll be Hannah's turn before long!

Katie said...

Love the name!! So beautiful and it goes along perfectly with your other kids' names. I love it.

And I need to check out that book. Do you have an extra copy lying around?? :) And ... I'll definitely take you up on the Size 4 diaper offer!! We can consider it an Honorary Passing of the Diaper, kind of like passing the torch. :)

See you tomorrow!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.