Tuesday, March 1, 2011

He rented out the restaurant

My facebook status yesterday read: "February 28, 2004 I was wed to Dave Frederick. 9 months later we had Hudson, 22 months later we had Pierce, 21 months later we had Alayna, 22 months later we had Adelle. It's been a glorious blur. Happy Anniversary Love!"

Well, yesterday was my anniversary. Today is the anniversary of my honeymoon, so I think I'll take it easy. :)

Mom and dad kept the kids last night, but Adelle still needs me every few hours so she tagged along, which would have been fine except that the restaurant we'd planned to go to didn't have highchairs. I was SO disappointed. I've been wanting to eat there for a while now. There's nothing better on a special night than good food in good atmosphere with the man you love. Oh well. We went next door where they did have highchairs and ate all by ourselves. Seriously, a few people came in as we were walking out, but we were the only ones in there for a long time. Adelle behaved like the little angel that she is (we're just so glad high chairs have seat belts - she's a monkey). I enjoyed some Sea Bass and conversation with my man. We went to Target (is that sad? It was fun!) and picked up dessert at Olive Garden on the way home - couldn't help but treat myself to a little tiramisu. It turned out to be a relaxing, quiet evening and I loved it.

These last seven years have been full and fun and I'm excited to see what the next year holds. I'm hanging on to these days, loving my family and the life that we've made by God's grace and mercy.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.