Saturday, March 5, 2011

Spitting Sparkly Kisses

I was at Aldi yesterday with all four of my children and every "blue-hair" in this little town. One sweet lady, who was about 85, told me she'd take those girls off my hands for me. She spent the next 5 minutes telling me about her twin boys "who are old men now." My kids could not take their eyes off this lady - she didn't hear very well so she was yelling and her "teeth" we're clicking. Adelle kept grabbing for her glasses and the lady would grab her hand and spit kisses all over it (don't worry, I'm always armed with wipes). I looked at the four of them and couldn't help but think that someday that would be me, stopping a young mom in the grocery store to share stories.

It's Saturday, which is still a work day around here. Daddy gives the boys jobs and after work Alayna and I usually go do something girly. She was watching my lips really closely last night as I read a story. She stopped me after a few minutes and said, "Mom, your lips have a sparkle. It's so beautiful!" Guess I had some leftover Burt's Bees Champagne on my top lip. :) Today we're going to find some sparkly lip stick for her. Love my girl.

2 comments:

VLR said...

I'm sure you girls had a grand time on your outing to find something sparkley.
I am a step behind the blue-hair. I see young moms in the grocery store now, but I stop myself from saying anything. Instead, as I shop, in my mind I am having a stroll down memory lane - remembering when you and your sisters and brother were that age...

Shannon Wheeler said...

Our church is starting a nursing home outreach and Tyler asked if I wanted to do it. I said no and got panicky when I thought about that lady wheeling me off in her wheelchair to go to her room. We will all be that someday. Sweet Alayna.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.