Wednesday, March 16, 2011

In my spare time ...

We've lived in our current home for about 5 years. We love it, even though we're outgrowing it. However, we chose this property mainly for the land - 3 acres to be exact. We're close to town but the land makes us feel like we're in the country. We love our neighbors, but their not right on top of us. It's great for the kids to run around and play. The people who livedhere before us did a great job with the yard - or hired someone to do a great job with the yard. The yard right now is well utilized by our children and their play things - littered with colorful tubes to crawl through, pink and blue slides, a teeter totter, a swing, a grill, lots of pecan trees a water well house, and a double clothes line - and that's just on the front acre.

The fence to the west is a privacy fence. The fence to the east is chain link and barbed wire, but it's covered in vines and the most awful bushes ever. The privacy is nice, but these bushes are taking over, and underneath them is growing a mountain of poison ivy. I learned that the hard way the year I was pregnant with Alayna and decided to trim up the bushes. Huge pregnant and covered with poison ivy is as miserable as it sounds.

Anyway, this year, I'm not pregnant and the bushes are coming down!

Here's what we've done so far.

Here's the mess that we still have to work on. I'm no girl scout, but I'm pretty sure those vines are poison ivy.

Daddy and the little cutie pie. Adelle is walking and trying to JUMP. She's also trying to repeat every thing I say. In this shot she was telling me hi. :)
The boys with their lego letter creations. Don't you just love the pose?!

Pierce doing his reading lesson - so proud of him. :)

The little jammy princesses with their waffles. Golly, they're cute!

Here's a couple of funny videos if you're interested ...

Alayna describing the bug that was on her finger. Hang on for all 27 seconds of this one for a good chuckle.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hahahaha. Alayna cracks us up. We watched each video 4 times. :)

Fred Love said...

I know - she's a hoot. The first time she told me about it she said that bug was DEFINITELY on her finger and she was ABSOLUTELY scared. :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.