Monday, March 21, 2011

Kid quotes and crop tops

My favorite kid quotes of the weekend happen to come from my four-year-old, Pierce.

First he came to me sobbing. This kid can turn on the crocodile tears faster than anyone I've ever seen. I asked him what was wrong. He got control of himself a little bit and said. "I just hate Adam and Eve." First of all, we don't say hate. Second of all, Adam and Eve?? What? "They just sinned and ruined the whole world and now we can't even pet bears. I just wish we could pet bears." Oh boy. We had a great talk about the things sin ruins and the great things that will happen when Jesus returns. You just never know when a deep spiritual conversation will spark. :)

Saturday we took the kids to a near by town where daddy has a credit card customer who sells frozen custard - YUM! We told the kids we were going to a new town and Pierce asked, "Did God just make that town?" No, it's an old town, but you've never been there. :)

And, I have poison ivy. No surprise there. I thought I was well protected and could get away without getting any. I was wearing jeans, and gloves and a long-sleeved shirt, but my belly is covered with itchy, oozing poison ivy bumps. I went to the doctor to get some kind of high-powered something to make it stop. She asked me if I was wearing a crop top! Now there's a pretty picture for ya!

2 comments:

Katie said...

This post had me cracking up from start to finish. The sexy gardening Mama with the boy who just wants to pet a bear. Love it.

Amanda said...

Crop top, indeed. :)
It is odd how it got on your tummy though.
Could you even keep from laughing at Pierce while he cried? That's hilarious.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.