Monday, March 16, 2009

Abundant Life

"Instead of trying to fit this day into a preconceived mold, relax and be on the lookout for what I am doing.  This mindset will free you to enjoy me and find out what I have planned for you to do.  This is far better than trying to make things go according to your own plan." --Jesus Calling, Sarah Young

David needed my help with a mail-out to all his merchants this morning.  Monday morning, hmmm.  I like to think of Monday's as a fresh start.  A day to get back on schedule: wake up, get dressed, do school, clean house, organize coupons, grocery list, etc.  It's the day that sets the tone for the rest of the week for me.  If I don't get things done Monday, they get pushed back, the week gets messy, I feel out of control and overwhelmed.  So, it was good for me to read that this morning, because while I addressed all the envelopes and David stuffed them with letters, the boys made "forts."  I should have taken a picture.  They drug all of their bedding and pillows into the living room.  I can handle that, no big deal.  Then they got all of my bedding and pillows (I didn't realize that was part of the pile).  Once they got their fort built, they got all their plastic super heroes and other random toys to play with in the fort.  I don't know that they every really sat down to play.  They just kept building and dragging out more toys.  At noon, when my house is generally clean, school is usually done, I am usually dressed with makeup, dinner is usually planned or cooking and the grocery list with corresponding coupons is ready for my evening trip - none of that was done.  But I helped my husband and my kids had fun and it'll all get done tomorrow and that's okay.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Great perspective, friend! A very good morning.

Amanda said...

I drug around till noonish, then cleaned half of the house. The other half still has a mixture of torn up streamers, foil, paper clips and ABC magnets tossed with about 50 color pencils. It's the party salad the girls made while I sat on the couch trying not to smell anything.

6 Happy Hearts said...

Happy, happy Mondays! It is great when you are flexible within your plan ; )
Hope to see you this week!

Shannon Wheeler said...

that is super sweet. I will try to remember daniel in the lion's den. made my eyes water. thanks.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.