Sunday, March 22, 2009

Because I think they're beautiful

My happy girl at 8 1/2 months.
If you ask Hudson who his best friend is, he'll answer, "Pierce,"  and vice versa.  All a result of parental brainwashing ;)  I think it works.
She's singing here.  She lalala's and sways back and forth.  We love it.

Nothing new here, except that Alayna has officially graduated to 12mo clothes and size 3 diapers.  And everyone is WELL!!!  ...

I'm typing this from my couch while the kiddos "nap."  I heard the boys in their room jabbering.  Just when I'm writing a post about how great my kids are and life in general, they do something.  So I went in their room to find Pierce's pants totally soaked.  Hudson said, "I'm going to tell you the truth (because Frederick's never tell lies - that's another one on the brainwash list!).  I poured my water on Pierce."  He poured his drink on Pierce while Pierce was in his bed, so there's water all over the sheets and blankets.  Thank you for telling the truth!  Anyway, mess cleaned up, discipline administered, apologizing and forgiving all taken care of, and everyone is now asleep.  Good grief, now I need a nap.  

So, I took this quiz on face book about what kind of TV mom you are.  I'm June Cleaver!  HA!  and I vacuum in pearls!  I never take quizzes, but I took another one that is supposed to determine how many kids you'll have.  My result was SIX!  I don't think these are very accurate quizzes.  

If the weather stays nice this week I'm going to start cleaning up the flower beds and the yard.  I hate the leaves that have piled up around the fence line.  We have a big yard, so it'll be a big job - but I plan on raking those leaves out away from the fence so David can mow over them and mulch them into oblivion.  Anyone interested in a severe allergy attack is welcome to join me!  And now for a nap.

6 comments:

luv_bn_gma said...

They ARE beautiful!!!! And I love your brand of "brainwashing". :) Life is never dull with young children and you will re-live these moments with a smile and sense of accomplishment.........in 20 years, so hang in there! :0)
You are doing a great job!!

Amanda said...

I took the "how many kids will you have" quiz and they said I'd have 8. It's a silly quiz.
Yah, we're well too! I'm kind of scared to go to the Y now.

How many pizzas do you think we should get for 9 adults and 5 pizza-eating kids?

Steph said...

great to catch up with you and your sweet family. precious pics. so glad you guys are all well. you are such a great little mommy. have a great week and hope to see ya tomorrow.

Katie said...

Hudson and Alayna are on my blog! Pierce's pic didn't quite turn out :). Your kids are gorgeous!

Megan said...

Okay...my kid is a BIG boy! He is 6.5 months and has been in size three diapers for 2 months. He also just began wearing 12 months clothes...goodness! I love reading your blog! You guys are great parents!

(Megan Walters)

Julia's family said...

Very fun reading. =) I think I'd love your kids too. So did you get a nap?

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.