Monday, March 9, 2009

Sleepy Me

I drank 2 diet dr. peppers, 1 mt dew, and two cups of 1/2 the caff coffee today, that's all I had.  We did get school done, I did make dinner, I did teach water aerobics, and I did pick up the house ... but I was not very nice about it.  I'm blaming the time change and the resulting sleep deprivation.   We love that it's light out later.  I'm sure little body clocks will eventually adjust.  The boys actually have done fine, but poor Alayna doesn't like it at all.  She went to bed at her normal 7:45ish bedtime, but her body still thought it was 6:45.  She slept fine until midnight, then woke up every hour or two after that and decided to wake up for good at 5:15.  She's saying "Mama" now.  So she doesn't cry in her bed any more.  She wails for me.  That's harder.  I get frustrated because this is the baby who actually slept through the night at 5 weeks.  She's an angel all the time.  We're finally through these bouts of sickness and finally sleeping through the night again - then no sleep.  I don't like being tricked.  I don't remember ever having a problem with this before.  Anyways - I'll fix her, just thought I'd share.

I'm thinking about getting back on coffee.  Tiredness and kids are not copacetic .  I have to function.  I have to be a nice mom.  If sleep is not an option, maybe coffee should be.  I never drink that much pop.  Reasor's had this deal, buy 4 boxes for $9.  Saturday's sale was crazy.  I probably wont do that again.  Anyway, pop is in my house, so I'm drinking it.  I can quit that, but I really like coffee.  Hmmm.  Just thinking tired thoughts.  I think I'll go to bed.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Oh friend. Ohhhhhhhh friend. Please, please let yourself drink coffee. I imagine myself coming to your house with a big cup of joe and you slowly putting the mug to your mouth, as if you were in the desert and were drinking water for the first time in days ...

...okay totally dramatic. But girl! Drink that coffee!! Unless you are trying to not drink it. In that case ... enjoy the Mt. Dew?? :) (Go Coffee!!)

(I hope tomorrow is better for you.)

Amanda said...

Wow, sorry Al. I held my kids off, like put them down 30 minutes past bed time to help them adjust. Maybe try that? Claire, however, thought that it was morning at 1am, and then 2am, and then 5:20, and then slept until 7:45, but I couldn't go back to sleep because I'm broken. You do what you have to do. It's a coffee day for me. You should join me.

Angela said...

Drink coffee and not pop. :)

Shannon Wheeler said...

oh yeah, you guys were terrible.

I also suggest coffee. Pop is so bad... and when I say pop here, I get made fun of. So I try to stay away from it all together. Coffee is wonderful. It will even help you poop.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.