Sunday, December 7, 2008

Conversations

We celebrated Hudson's birthday with my family Friday night.  Hudson had a great day.  My dad asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up.  He gave his standard answer: an astronaut.  Dad posed the same question for Pierce, who said, "I not grow up."  That's fine with me, I love my squishy little boy.

Hudson came into our room later Friday night when he should have been asleep.  "Mom, I'm a little bit nervous about the dark in my room."  We talked about how he didn't need to be nervous.  God was always with him, etc.  He responded, "Yeah, but, you can't really see Jesus or God."  So we talked about the evidence of God and used the wind illustration, you can't see the wind, but you can feel it and you know it's there.  Then he said, "Well, my imagination just keeps telling my brain that robots and aliens and monsters are real."  I told him he knew what was real and what wasn't and he could tell that to his imagination.  Then I asked him if anything else was making him nervous.  He said, "Well, skunks always make me a little nervous because I think they might stink me."  Okay - go to bed!

Love the conversations I can have with my little/big boys now.

9 comments:

Andrea said...

That's sweet. The conversations keep getting better! I love talking w/my kids. It's really fun to have talks as they get older!
I love squishy sweet boys too :)

Anonymous said...

Ha! that's so funny.

Steph said...

thanks for sharing the cute stories with your boys. they are precious.

6 Happy Hearts said...

Ok I LOL on Saturday & I LOL tonight.
Soo cute : )

Amanda said...

"My imagination keeps telling my brain"?
Too funny.

Amanda said...

Yes, thanks for rescuing me from depression. Comments are pretty much like cool points, aren't they? haha.

Anonymous said...

I used to say this rhyming prayer I made up. I only remember the beginning - Father in heaven, on this night, keep the angels shining bright.... and that's all I remember. But I was afraid of scrambling trash, yellow sheets, and elephant video games. my imagination told my brain that all of those things meant the fate of the world depended on me, or that my family was dead. and I was 4.

Anonymous said...

oh, and talking school books. Dang that Salty and Charity Church Mouse.

luv_bn_gma said...

Are you keeping a diary of Hudson's comments and thoughts? He is the only (formerly) 2 year old I've met who knew what an artichoke was. He comes up with the BEST stuff!! Thanks for sharing. :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.