Saturday, December 27, 2008

December 26, Boxing Day in Australia

Obviously I messed up on this pictures and I'm too lazy to fix it.  Oh well.  Boxing Day in Australia is almost bigger than Christmas Day.  It's the day you box everything up and at the end of the hard work you go to beach (because it's summer there) and have party.  Anyway, I have the best husband.  We worked really hard yesterday and got the attic cleaned out, the cars washed and vacuumed, the garage cleaned out, the Christmas decorations put away and most of the toys organized!  It's amazing what we can accomplish together.  Then at the end of our hard day, he took the trash to the dumpster, the good will items to good will and brought me back a peppermint mocha (decaf, skim with whip).  Mmmhmmm.

Funny side note story.  Hudson asked me the other day if he could have a "graham cracker with whip."  He obviously pays attention in the Starbucks drive through :)





6 comments:

Katie said...

How sweet!! Man, between "My pleasure" and a "graham cracker with whip", your kiddos are the drive-thru pros!! :) I had a peppermint mocha last night and I thought of you! Mmmmm!!

6 Happy Hearts said...

Your man ROCKS : )
My stepmother is Canadian & celebrates Boxing Day as well. Love the whip comment, such your son!!!
You need to introduce me to this coffee stuff. I'm just not a drinker LOL! Hope to see you soon.
Oh & you look fabulous in that pic!!

MelissaC said...

Great idea! We need to celebrate boxing day at our house. Dennis is such a packrat and could really stand to get rid of some thing.

luv_bn_gma said...

I never knew what Boxing day was but sounds like a wonderful thing to party at the nice warm beach. You two got ALOT accomplished. What a nice way to end the year. And yummy coffee too! Love the "whip". :)

luv_bn_gma said...

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/boxingday.asp

interesting

Fred Love said...

Well, that IS interesting. Guess I was unknowingly mislead by my Aussie friends. Glad to have everything clean anyway! :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.