Wednesday, December 10, 2008

You Can't Kiss Santa

This morning I was singing, "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause."  Hudson looked at me with this disgusted expression, "Mom, you cannot kiss Santa, because he has a beard and it starts at his chin.  You would never want to kiss that!  Blah! ... but he does love you."

Pierce woke up and wanted to watch "Thooper Why" (Super Why).  "No, mom, you don't thay Thooper Why, you thay THOOPER Why."  :)

David has been dealing with some stressful issues in his business: difficult merchants, people questioning his integrity when he works so hard to establish relationship and trustworthiness with every client, and other corporate issues.  All of these things challenge our financial stability.  Not only do I pay the bills and watch the money leave every month, I, as the wife, am the sounding board for all of these issues. My husband is a communicator and needs to vent.  I don't mind.  I'm glad I know what's on his mind and heart at any given moment, but I tend to be the sponge instead of the sounding board.  I soak up all the stress and become a walking ball of stress and it plays out in everything I do.

All that to say, my Women's Ministry Leader gave me a devotional book that I LOVE called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  

December 10
Make me the focal point of your search for security.  In your private thoughts, you are still trying to order your world so that it is predictable and feels safe.  Not only is this an impossible goal, but it is also counterproductive to spiritual growth.  When your private world feels unsteady and you grip My hand for support, you are living in conscious dependence on Me.
Instead of yearning for problem-free life, rejoice that trouble can highlight your awareness of My Presence.  In the darkness of adversity, you are able to see more clearly the radiance of My Face.  Accept the value of problems in this life, considering them pure joy.  Remember that you have an eternity of trouble-free living awaiting you in heaven. 
Is 41:10; Ps 139:10; James 1:2

8 comments:

Tyson and Lisa said...

that devotional was just what I needed this morning...thanks for sharing it. and I love the stories from your little guys! keep 'em coming! :)

Katie said...

I'm with Lisa! I totally needed to read this this morning! I love your stories, too. And the boys' little quotes. They're too cute!

Kristal {Love, Grace & Hope} said...

Thank you for posting that devotional!! Hit me square in the face...exactly what I needed!

Steph said...

loved reading the little guys comments. thank you for sharing your heart and the devotional. loved it. hope to see ya tomorrow. i will have to get that book!

The Frugal Muse said...

"Thooper Why" cracked me up!

Margo said...

praying for you...I, too, love the "thooper why" thing! SO FUNNY!

Anonymous said...

... but he does love you. that is hilarious.

Bailey said...

I laughed so hard at the "... but he does love you." comment. Sweet babies.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.