Thursday, December 4, 2008

There's a Bucket of Cars on top of my Fridge

This is only blog worthy because someday I'll print this out and Hudson will read it and smile because he'll be teaching his kids the very same things.

So, this morning while I was nursing Alayna (because everything punishable happens while you're nursing or on the phone) Hudson punched Pierce in the stomach because he wasn't helping pick up the play room.  (Thought process: "So maybe if I punch him he'll want to help me?!")  After I sent Hudson to his bed, comforted Pierce, and administered the necessary punishment, I loaded up the big ice cream bucket full of cars and said, "These are gone."  (They're on top of the fridge, but don't tell Hudson!)  You would have thought I pulled out the cat of nine tails for the bellowing that followed.  Honestly, can't we all just get along?

Yesterday was a rough day for me.  Poor Alayna has been on antibiotics that cause diarrhea.  Yesterday she pooped in the middle of every nap, only wanted to be held all day and that was after an up-four-times night, so mommy was exhausted.  David has had a particularly stressful week and I always absorb his stress.  Feeling down, I pulled out a little prayer booklet my friend Steph Whitley made for me.  I prayed through several prayers for my family that she had written for herself and her family.  Thank you Steph!!!

Sweet hour of prayer...that calls me from a world of care and bids me at my Father's throne make all my wants and wishes known!  Sweet hour of prayer...thy wings shall my petition bear to Him whose truth and faithfulness engage the waiting soul to bless: And since He bids me seek His face, Believe His Word and trust His grace, I'll cast on Him my every care, and wait for thee, Sweet hour of prayer. --William Walford 1772-1850

Truly, we are a blessed people who can always turn to a gracious and loving heavenly Father who will take our burdens away.  Sigh.  Smile.  Peace.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Good post. Good prayer. Thanks. :)

Steph said...

I am so sorry you had a rough day. You are an amazing little wife and mom. Thank you for being real. May you keep on keeping on!! I hope you get some rest tonight dear one!!

Margo said...

We missed you today. I hope you are having a better night and will have a better day tomorrow! Hey, at least you get to see your play group moms tomorrow :) You are an awesome mom and I agree with you about Hudson reading this and smiling one day!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.