Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The 2nd trimester is my friend

Sipping on my coffee this frigid morning. Yes, I can drink coffee now. I can eat and enjoy it. It's an amazing feeling. I don't know what clicks over from the first trimester to the second, but I like it! The baby is kicking all the time now. We find out what it is in 2 short days! We're so excited. Alayna walks around with a baby stuffed in her shirt all the time now. Then she pulls it out and rocks it and sings to it. Her newest sentence is, "Watch out, here I come!" Girls are fun.

Hudson celebrated his 5th birthday last Saturday. I'll post pictures soon. Mimi and Papa bought him the biggest Starwars lego ship available. Three days later, the mommy had the ship built and removed from the dining room table. Hudson helped but, in his words, "This one's for nines mom. We might need to do some team work." And now that it's done, my children rise up and call me blessed ... or, really awesome at legos - I'll take it.

I'm working on our Christmas letter and waiting for decent afternoon to snap a few pictures of clean children with combed hair dressed in red. Like I said, I'm drinking coffee now. Anything is possible!

Pierce raked it in on Hudson's birthday with lots of G.I. Joe guys - his favorite. His newest sentence is "rock and roll, GI Joe." Only it sounds more like "Wock and Woah, GI Joe." He's super observant these days. We drove to Target a few days ago (our hometown target is in a long strip center with lots of other major stores) Let it be known that we go there at least once a week, even if it's just to look. However, this particular day Pierce's eyes were opened and looking at all the stores he exclaimed, "Mom, there's lot's of Targets!" Such a bright fellow.

My boys have both asked for robes this year for Christmas, and legos because you can never have enough legos.

And now it's lunch time so I'm going to go eat and enjoy that wonderful feeling a food in my tummy that has no plan on coming back up. It's the little things.


2 comments:

Amanda said...

If you can believe it, I have no pilates videos. I did work with Denise Austin for 40 minutes today. I've got that old, familiar pain all over and I like it. :)

Tyson and Lisa said...

I'm so glad that you're feeling better and can actually enjoy food and coffee again! so...do you still get to go to your appt. to find out what you're having if you're all sick?!?

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.