Monday, December 14, 2009

It must be Monday

I think blogging is good for the mommy brain, or any brain. It's so easy for me to get stuck in the slog of diapers and cleaning house and cooking dinner and other mindless, routine activities. I've found it so good for me to sit down every day or so and write something - anything. Then I find that throughout my day I think of things or see things "blog-worthy". Ideas start flowing and all-of-a-sudden I'm beyond the daily grind of routine and finding lessons and stories and humor in everything.

My family has been through the flu this past week. The flu is actually not so bad, it's all the crud that come afterward like sinus infections and ear infections. I'm in so much pain right now. I had no idea ear infections felt this bad. David's taking me to urgent care in a little bit. I don't trust my dizzy self to drive!

We tried to take some Christmas pictures yesterday. Everyone was feeling better, so I cut the boys hair, dressed everyone in red and stood them up by the cedar trees. There's nothing quite like testing parents' patience like taking pictures of three small children. Smiling and looking at the camera simultaneously is a feat few under five can handle. I think we got a few of everyone but Alayna, who didn't think standing out in the cold was anything to smile about.

On to urgent care before the entire right side of my face explodes!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ugh, good luck, friend. I was there this morning with an upper respiratory infection. Bleh.

Love you!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.