Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Playing in the snow and proof reading

Pierce, laying in the snow.
baby girl all bundled up - notice the crazy huge snow drifts. Blizzard conditions on Christmas Eve left us with a lovely white Christmas. It was a fabulous weekend thanks to my family of 4WD owners.
Hudson - taking aim.

The daddy and me playing in the snow too.

I finally got the Christmas letters out yesterday. I really did proof read them, but that was while I was also "reading" to Alayna, tearing out a color page for Pierce and changing the arms of a lego guy from yellow to black because that would be cooler. So, for those of you who read the letter (on facebook too), another year has come and gone, not coma; and Hudson likes to build things out of legos.

Christmas Eve we drove to a friends' house for a little get together ... in a blizzard. The wind and snow were insane. We made it slowly but safely home that night, but because of the huge snow drifts we couldn't pull all the way into our driveway. The van was stuck, and we would have been too if it weren't for my parents (who live about a block away) and their 4WD vehicles. After Christmas morning in our living room, my brother-in-law picked us up for Christmas lunch at Mimi & Papa's where all 16 of us and two dogs celebrated together. We got my dad a jim-bay (don't know how you spell that, but it's a drum. He's wanted one ever since he saw "The Visitor"). I looked up the lyrics for Little Drummer Boy and a few other well-known songs that we didn't know the words to, and we had a very LOUD Christmas caroling session. After presents, lunch and naps we headed to my Grandma's house. Thirty-six aunts, uncles, cousins and grandkids assembled for Christmas carols and presents and more food in a little bitty house. We love it though.

And now the decorations are put away and the treadmill is cleaned off and we're ready for the new year. We'll do that the way most families with young children do: put the kids to bed at 8 and be in bed ourselves by 10. Happy 2010!

2 comments:

Steph said...

hey girl. your blog look so great. i have been such a slacker on blogging. i really really need to do better. i loved catching up with you on there. hope to see you soon. steph

Shannon Wheeler said...

I love you and your typos. cute pics. Can't wait to get your letter in the mail. It will spice up the Netflix envelopes. Enjoy your new year. Milton is growling at his Kong, the toy that Mom and Dad got for him. It basically lets you smell some peanut butter or random treat, but doesn't let you touch it. It's sad. He's about to knock my TV over. Too bad I don't have kids to tell you about, but yours are really cute. Love you.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.