Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tons of Pictures

A special night - daddy bought chocolate graham crackers so I made smores and the kids watched a Christmas movie on our bed. (Tip: They were on a quilt so all the crumbs were gathered at the end of the snack and dispersed for the birds).
The ship that took us three days. It's pretty awesome though. Doors really open and there are extra ships that can fly out and in with real places for little lego guys to sit. The boys have played with it non-stop.
The birthday boy - so pumped to be at Putt & Jump with all his friends.
The birthday brother - equally pumped :)
The birthday sister always steals the show - she's just too cute!
The awesome pancakes requested by the birthday boy - one for him and one for Pierce - so thoughtful.
Bedtime story with Alayna (notice baby #4's growth!!!).
My sweet girl
Funny story - one beautiful night a few weeks ago we ventured to a local lake. We threw rocks and kicked the soccer ball and went for a little hike over the hill. David decided to sit down on top of the hill, little knowing it was covered with stickers. He promptly took off his shorts (there was no one around) and walked back to the van in his underwear! The boys thought it was about the funniest thing ever!
Morning with hot chocolate.

Our Happy Thanks Giving Indian hats. We ended up taping drinking straws to the back of the feathers so they would stand up - I'm so crafty, HA!

And yesterday afternoon we all woke up from naps with fevers so I called our pediatrician, who got us right in. Hudson was checked out first with a flu test - that's a horrific Q-tip scraper up your nose. Hudson cried and Pierce shed a few sympathy tears - he's such a sensitive boy. Thankfully they didn't test us all. Poor Hudson was the scapegoat and we all got medicated. So, yes, we all have H1N1 flu, which, I hear, can be particularly dangerous for pregnant women. Our pediatrician was my doctor when I was little. He went ahead and gave me an inhaler and prescribed stuff for the kids. Then he said he would like to give us this appointment as our Christmas gift! WHAT?! Seriously, I couldn't keep back the tears. What incredible provision from the Lord through one of the sweetest men I know. So grateful!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Dr. Pfanstiel is so sweet. You are beautiful in that pic with Alayna. And I didn't realize it was H1N1. That makes sense. We didn't get that vaccine.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.