Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Happy 101

[Happy+101+Award_thumb[4].png]
I've been given an award my my dear friend Katie. How exciting! I get to tell you the top 10 things that make me do the happy dance. Those of you who know me well know that I don't dance, but I am pretty happy, so here goes in somewhat random order:


#1 My baby girl - she's the happiest, sweetest, cutest thing. So blessed to have her!
#2 - My biggest boy who has officially reached the stage where he can't remember how to smile "real" when the camera is out. He's a great helper and such a wonderful big brother! He loves his little brother and sister and, in his words, loves teaching them how to obey God! He's pretty awesome.
#3 My big little boy when he first wakes up. - Wild hair, sleepy eyes, and the stocky/squishy body that just melts in my arms. He's so big and tough, but so gentle with his little sister. My sweet boy!
#4 My awesome husband!!! He works so hard for our family and loves us to the fullest. His sacrifice daily for us in work and time and energy and love are one of our greatest blessings.

#5 The baby growing inside me. If you've followed this blog over the last few months, you know that I haven't been doing the happy dance throughout this pregnancy. But, I really am excited to give Alayna and the boys a little sister and to expand our family, yet again! It's going to be crazy and wonderful!

#6 Coffee - given enough coffee, I can rule the world ... or at least get my house clean!

#7 Good food - I'm like a man when it comes to food. It's the way to my heart. Seriously, a good meal made by me, but usually made by someone else, is heaven!

#8 A clean house - with 6 little hands following me around and undoing everything I do, this doesn't happen very often (usually after bedtime). But a well-lit clean house with the windows open and the spring breeze coming through makes me SO happy! I'm okay with a slightly messy house and happy little voices running through it though ;)

#9 Zumba - my new love. I'm an aerobics instructor. I get paid to work out. It's nice. I think I even originally posted about a strong dislike for Zumba. However, after I got the steps down (you have to go at least 3 times), I was addicted! It's a dance party with your friends - and I don't dance - but it's SO fun and a great workout!

#10 Sleep - looking back over the list I'm amazed at the different person I've become in just the last 5 years. After having children, a good night's sleep ranks way up there on the list of things that make me happy. Waking up rested rarely happens (thus my love for strong coffee), but when it does, I'm on cloud nine!

Now I'm supposed to list 4 or 5 people whose blogs I read who make me happy:

1. Amanda - my wonderful sister and mother of 4 who always has good story or a good does of reality as a mother. Love her!

2. My friend Steph - incredible mother of 4 boys and a dear friend to me. Her blog is full of creative stuff she does with her kids. She's such an energy-giver!

3. Karen - the inspiring mother of EIGHT, yes, you read that right! She puts me to shame, and encourages me at the same time. Her blog is always entertaining and insightful.

4. Shannon - my youngest sister. Her blog is strictly entertaining. Full of work stories and movie reviews and crazy dreams she has. Love it!

What makes you happy?

2 comments:

Mrs. Troop said...

I love it! Great list (you know how I love lists)! Thanks much, Girl. Thinking of you and your hubby always makes me smile. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love reading these. I get to know you and your little ones at least just a little piece through your words. The pictures are amazing, I'm so proud of the woman who you have become! Good job Alyson, at just being you.

Love you,

Randi

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.