Friday, December 18, 2009

Among the many challenges this month: Getting Christmas Pictures of my Children

A flu-ridden mommy and kids watching a Christmas show.
Alayna was NOT into taking Christmas pictures.
Daddy and the boys after I said, "David, smile for real, you look like your dad!" We LOVE Grandad. :)
Alayna, in a much better mood in her warm house by the tree.

After the 3rd day of trying I got a few usable shots. They're in our card and I'll post them later. But, seriously, that's after three days of combing hair, donning the red turtle necks and the Mrs. Santa dress, and mommy "nicely" insisting they look at the camera and smile at the same time. Three days!

I also finished the Christmas letter. I love Christmas letters. I love getting them and reading them and catching up on people's lives. Although, the negative aspect of Christmas letters portrayed in comedy sketches (like the one I saw the other night on Jay Leno) can be true for some, I still like reading them. I write ours mainly for us, though. I envision the kids reading back over them someday and seeing how they've grown and how they're likes and dislikes have changed and remembering the highlights of each year. I think someday I might do two though. One with the "real" pictures and one where they look nice - just for fun, and just for us.

So, what do you think about Christmas letters? Yea or Nay?

1 comment:

Shannon Wheeler said...

I love your Christmas picture! It turned out so well. Alayna's real and fake smiles are so cute. You know if I was there I would uncrustify Hudson's hair, but he and Pierce do look so adorable. Thanks for your comment on my post.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.