Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Grace

Lots of things on my brain this morning: Menu planning, what to get my dad for Christmas (the man who has everything or buys it himself on the internet Dec 15 - thanks dad), projects to finish before Christmas, must mail those Christmas cards today! grocery shopping by 9 or it won't happen, am I really only half way through this pregnancy?! I feel huge, probably baking some goodies this afternoon for friends and neighbors, and that little diaper bottom in pink sweatpants that just walked by sure is cute ...

I finally wrapped the presents yesterday during nap time. When Pierce woke up he said, "We really ARE getting presents!" Someone asked Hudson last night if Santa was coming to his house. He looked at them with this do-you-think-I'm-a-dumb-little-kid look and said, "Santa Clause is already in heaven and his real name is Saint Nick." We did supply the history of St, Nicholas, but not the attitude! Good grief! Pierce is a little scared of "Santa Claw" so it's just as well that we don't "do" Santa. When Hudson was about 3, he kept telling me these crazy things about Satan. It was several days before I realized he was trying to say Santa - much to my relief!

I do like the philosophy of giving gifts to my children because I love them and want to bless them rather than gifts magically appearing if they're good vs. bad. We're really celebrating the birth of Christ who came to us, not because we're good and deserving, but because He first loved us. His ultimate gift to us required the greatest sacrificial gift of all time - His life for ours. I have been blessed with grace and mercy and love having the opportunity to share that beautiful picture of grace with my children.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wait, didn't we take care of dad's present?

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.