Friday, December 11, 2009

Catechisms in real life

Well the kitchen got cleaned from top to bottom, the house got completely disinfected (I'll have to do it again today), and "it" is a GIRL! We couldn't be more thrilled ... except for the boys. Hudson said, "Are you kidding me? Don't you know we like boys around here." He and David had a long talk after that one. He came back and apologized for being disrespectful. This morning he said, "Mom, I really like just having us." To which I responded, "What if I told your daddy before you were born that I really liked just having us and we never had you, would you be sad? What if we went ahead and had you and after you were born we decided we really didn't want any more kids, so we never had Pierce or Alayna. Would you be sad?"

We've been doing our daily Bible study time through a devotional book of catechisms and we're on providence, so I asked, "Hudson, what is providence?" He rolled his eyes a little bit, but answered, "God's wise governing of every creature and every action." I smiled and said, "Do you think God knew I was going to have another baby? Do you think God decided our family would need another girl instead of a boy? Do you think God knows what's best, even if it's not what we want?" He nodded his head to all of that (and sadly it reminds me of the same conversation I had with myself when I first found out I was pregnant). "God has something very special for this little girl just like he does for you." I told him when I didn't like someone it always helped me to pray for them. So he prayed, "God help me to love this baby even though I don't like her"!! I guess we're moving in the right direction.

Alayna pays attention to all this baby talk. She said, "Ah, cute!" Which is what she says about every baby, animal, or clothes she likes. Who wouldn't want another one of those?!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

How can I get to anyone's site from your site? You don't have who you're following listed on your page. I can't find Mrs Troop anywhere.
I love your conversation with Hudson.

Amanda said...

Ha, nevermind. I found her.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.