Thursday, December 24, 2009

Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence

Just a few pictures of everyone but me ...
Alayna in her lovely Christmas dress.
Daddy & Hud
Daddy & Pierce

Sweet Alayna - my little chipmunk.

And my favorite Christmas Hymn. It's a traditional French carol from the liturgy of St. James, 5th century - translated in the 1800s:

Let all mortal flesh keep silence, and with fear and trembling stand; ponder nothing earthly minded, for with blessing in His hand, Christ our God to earth descendeth, our full homage to demand.

Rank on rank the host of heaven spreads its vanguard on the way, as the Light of light descendeth from the realms of endless day, that the pow'rs of hell may vanish as the darkness clears away.

At His feet the six-winged seraph; cherubim, with sleepless eye, veil their faces to the Presence, as with ceaseless voice they cry. Alleluia! Alleluiah! Alleluia! Lord Most High.

1 comment:

Shannon Wheeler said...

I love those words. The tune doesn't come to me after the first line... however, your children are adorable. can't wait to see them and introduce them to Milton tomorrow.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.