Monday, December 21, 2009

A Very Random Monday Morning





Finishing up the Christmas shopping this morning while mom watches the kiddos. So glad to be feeling better!

Alayna has graduated to the booster seat. She LOVES sitting at the table. After she kept crawling/climbing up into Hudson and Pierce's chairs we decided to give her a "big girl" chair.

In other news, I made these awesome fleece pillows for my nieces. I'll take pictures soon. The boys thought they were SO awesome so I'm picking up some more fabric today to make some for them. I was really impressed with how well those turned out and got really ambitious and confident in my home-ec abilities. So, with some extra fabric I had on hand, I decided to make some pajama pants for the nieces as well. I didn't have a pattern so I used clothes I already had to make one. That was probably my first mistake. Anyway, they'll just be getting pillows this year. The boys were totally impressed with my sewing skills. "Whoa! How did you even do that?!" A good boost for my ego, but it really says nothing of my sewing skills. Sadly, I did take classes for that (ten years ago! - I'm so old!).

Time to get a move on. The mad, mean Christmas shoppers need to make way for the well woman on coffee with no children in tow! A force to be reckoned with!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Those sewing lessons were long ago, weren't they. :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of an awesome man known to his friends as Fred :) The mom of four incredible kids, Hudson, Pierce, Alayna and Adelle. We homeschool and I teach a few classes at our local YMCA. Above all we love and worship Jesus Christ as Lord and this blog is a peek at our journey to raise children who delight in the Lord.